1. Chisinau is the capital of Moldova. It is the largest city of the country and its political, administrative, economic and cultural center.
2. The capital of Moldova is considered to be one of the greenest cities in Europe. There are many parks in the city and the trees grow on almost every street.
3. Valea Trandafirilor (Valley of Roses) is a park with a cascade of lakes and an open-air museum of sculptures.
4. If you want to explore the wonders of Moldova’s nature then you can visit Botanical Garden, Dendrarium Park and Zoo that are in Chisinau.
5. If shopping in Chisinau is what you are after, you will find plenty of commercial centers, boutiques and shops.
6. If you are interested in history then you should visit National Archaeology & History Museum. The museum has around 10 exhibition halls, of which 3 have domes and a diorama. There are about 300,000 items that display the culture and history of Moldova, right from ancient times till today.
7. National Ethnographic and Nature Museum is another interesting sight tourists must visit in Chisinau. The museum is known for its exhibits of the sciences of botany, geology and zoology. One of the most popular exhibits in this museum is the life size mammal skeleton that was discovered in 1966 in the Rezina area.
8. Once in Chisinau you should visit Opera and Ballet Theatre and catch a show of one of the top ballet companies in Eastern Europe. The company has toured all over the world, from Tokyo to Johannesburg.
9. Interested in crafts and crafting, Chisinau Souvenir Bazaar is for you, as it is the city’s main artisan market. One can find handmade crafts, paintings and relics from the Soviet days. Negotiating prices is acceptable.
10. Chisinau is a good place for food lovers. All over the Chisinau there are plenty of good places to eat that serves a large diversity of meals, from traditional to Oriental cuisine. One should not miss trying mamaliga and Moldovan wine.
11. For the dance and loud music fans, there are a lot of clubs and discos. Chisinau is a very cultural intensive capital, for its size it has an impressive number of places where any dance, music, theatre, history or even pub lover will find an amazing place where to go.
Visiting Chisinau is a wonderful opportunity to discover a place that is rich in history and culture. No matter what you decide to do on your journey, take the time to enjoy Chisinau for all its grandeur.